P-Protect | Terms and Conditions
Please remember to:
- Read the Terms and Conditions in full, so you know what’s covered, what’s not and period of cover.
- Make a claim with us, ideally within 30 calendar days of discovering that your device is damaged by calling us on +8809666745745 (9am-10pm) or emailing us at email@example.com
- Comply with our reasonable instructions including switching off or uninstalling any app which prevents our access to remove data from the claimed-for device.
Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for P-Protect in collaboration with Sheba Platform Limited. These terms and conditions give you full details of what is covered, what is not covered and the limits and conditions that apply. If you fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we may refuse cover in the event of a claim.
- The Customer will avail the service from Pickaboo.com.
- The customer can avail up to 10 times the value of the premium paid. The maximum amount up to BDT 20,000 or minimum BDT 5,000 (at actual cost whichever is lower).e.g. (Price of the phone is BDT 94,900. Warranty charge of 2% is BDT 1,898. P-Protect services will cover demurrage up to BDT 18,980)
- Customers can avail the service at any time after the purchase of phone from Pickaboo provided that the cover premium has been paid.
- Customer must avail the service within a year from the date of purchase.
- Customer can avail the service only once during the lifetime of the coverage.
- The customer will be charged 2% premium of the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) of the phone.
- This P-Protect service does not cover regular service warranties/benefits that comes along with the phone by default.
- If there is any cell phone warranty, Pickaboo will forward those phones to the appropriate OEM/Importer service centre as mutually agreed.
PERIOD OF COVER
P-Protect is available to you as a Customer of Pickaboo for One Year from the date of purchase.
Your cover will begin
- As soon as you purchase the phone from us with the coverage fee.
- Initiate your Mobile Protection by calling us on +8809666745745 (9am-10pm) or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover will end if:
- You do not avail the P-Protect service within One Year from the date of Purchase
P-Protect gives your device cover for:
- · All kind of accidental damage (example including cracked screens and liquid damage)
- · P-Protect covers all parts of the mobile (example including display, motherboard, battery etc.)
What’s not covered
- Theft or loss of your phone due to circumstances.
- Any claim if you haven't paid your P-Protect service premium at the time of Phone purchase.
- Any device other than the one shown on your invoice and premium receipt.
- A subsequent claim made within the same 12-month period.
- Accessory claims.
- Cosmetic damage - where the device works as normal except where you are claiming for a scratch on the screen.
- Deliberate damage caused by making alterations to the device or acting against manufacturer guidelines.
- The cost of any repair to your device unless Pickaboo instructs it.
- Any malicious or deliberate damage caused by you or someone who has your permission to use the device.
- Loss or corruption of any kind of software or digital content other than standard manufacturer software.
- Confiscation of your device by a finance company or government agency (such as the police).
- Any claim we find to be fraudulent. If we settle a claim that’s later found to be fraudulent we may take action to recover our costs.
Replacement phone “temp”
Subsequently, to make your experience with Pickaboo the most convenient, we also offer ‘new for old’ replacement device through “TEMP”. Our aim is to make sure that you do not suffer from inconvenience, thus we will send you a device with comparable features and functionality. To avail the TEMP services please go to TEMP TERMS & CONDITIONS. Call us on +8809666745745 or email us at email@example.com to place a request for replacement phone.
You must delete all the data on your device and sign out of your iCloud (iOS) / Google (Android) accounts, social media accounts, bank account access or any other personal access. In addition, any lock code or password must also be removed prior to releasing the insured Mobile before handing it over to the authorized service centre. Failure to do so, Pickaboo or the service centre will not be responsible for any data that may be retained on the phone, and you cannot approach any of the above parties for any retrieval or deletion of the data from your used product.
If you fail to successfully sign out of all/any accounts as enumerated above, Pickaboo shall not take any responsibility to act on your behalf or be responsible for any unauthorized activity (if any).
Our use of your personal data
By taking this cover you confirm that you’ve given us your permission to communicate policy information with you by phone, SMS or email using your given contact details.
In issuing and administering this policy, we will share your personal data with Sheba Platform other partner companies providing services under this policy. We may also share your personal data with Group companies and any third parties who are purchasers of all or part of Pickaboo and with organisations we use to monitor our performance, carry out research, create statistics, prevent or detect crime and other third parties to the extent required or permitted by law. We may access your call history around the time of any claim incident as part of our claim assessment process.
Whenever your personal information is shared with third parties, it will be done in accordance with all responsibilities. This includes, for example, putting in place appropriate written terms to protect your personal information. We will only use the personal information given by you to confirm your identity, administer your policy, contact you about your policy, process claims, carry out internal record keeping, record claims details on relevant databases and registers for fraud detection purposes and contact the police to check any crime reference number you give us.